This is the same recipe as my ‘White Chocolate & Blueberry Cupcakes’. I simply replaced Blueberries with Blackberries. However, the Blackberries that I used were very large. I didn’t mix them into the batter. I tore them in half, placed them on top, and slightly pushed them into the batter.
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2 Eggs *at room temperature
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
100g White Chocolate coarsely chopped
125 to 150g Fresh Blackberries
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gently fold in Flour with a spatula or a large metal spoon, add Milk and Vanilla as well, and mix until just combined. DO NOT over-mix. Add White Chocolate and gently combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, add Blackberries on top and gently push them into the batter. *Note: Tear the Blackberries in half if large.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto wire rack to cool.
Leave a Reply