My ‘Coffee Chocolate Fondant’ is super easy as I bake the batter in the ramekins. It doesn’t have to look perfect as it tastes good. Today I baked it for 30 minutes as I like the batter softly cooked through. If you want the inside gooey (undercooked), please reduce the cooking time. The flavour of this ‘Coffee Chocolate Fondant’ is bitter and not very sweet, and it is just right for me.
100g Dark Chocolate
60g Butter *plus extra to grease Ramekins
1/4 cup Cream
1-2 teaspoons Rum OR Brandy *optional
1 tablespoon Instant Coffee Granules
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Lightly butter the ramekins.
- Place Dark Chocolate, Butter and Cream in a large heat-proof bowl, heat in the microwave for 1 minute. Using a whisk, mix well until smooth. Heat extra time if required. Add Rum (*optional) and Coffee Granule, mix well, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat Eggs and Caster Sugar until thick and pale, looks like slightly yellow whipped cream. Gradually add to the Chocolate mixture and gently combine.
- Sift in Plain Flour and Cocoa Powder, and gently combine.
- Place 4 ramekins on the roasting pan. Pour the mixture into the ramekins, then pour boiling water into the pan about 1cm deep.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes and serve warm with Whipped Cream OR Vanilla Ice Cream. *Note: The photo below was cooked for 30 minutes. It was softly cooked through. You may prefer more undercooked.