I loved ‘Cottage Cheese Pancakes’, that are called ‘Syrnyky’ in Ukraine, and I wondered what would happen if I added Cottage Cheese to my Basic Cupcake. So I tried to make these Cupcakes. I thought Blueberries would be nice in the flavour, so I added some Blueberries. These cupcakes were equally delicious as ‘White Chocolate & Blueberry Cupcakes’.
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2 Eggs *room temperature
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup (200g) Cottage Cheese
2-3 teaspoons Lemon Juice *OR 1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 punnet (*about 125g) Fresh Blueberries *Frozen Blueberries can be used, read ‘Method 4’
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in Flour with a spatula or a large metal spoon, add Milk, Cottage Cheese and Lemon Juice (OR Vanilla), and mix until just combined. DO NOT over-mix. Add Blueberries and gently combine.
- *Note: If you use Frozen Blueberries, I recommend to use unthawed Frozen Blueberries as it is easier to mix with batter. However, Frozen Blueberries instantly freeze the batter, OR at least they make the batter very cold. It would take longer time to bake.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.