Don’t buy instant cup soups. Try to make by yourself and find out it is actually easy to make. This is one of the quickest & easiest soups I know. Yet it is nutritious and surely warms you up. I sometimes add rice to it or pour this soup over rice. So delicious…
Chicken Stock 3 cups *OR 3 cups Water & 2 teaspoons Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
Ginger 1 small piece *grated
Sake (Rice Wine) 4 tablespoons
Sesame Oil for flavour 1 teaspoon
Canned Creamed Corn 1 *400g
Salt & White Pepper
Potato Starch 1 tablespoon
Water 1 tablespoon
Egg 1 to 2 *lightly whisked
Spring Onion 1 *finely chopped
- Place Chicken Stock, Ginger, Sake and Sesame Oil in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Season with Salt and White Pepper.
- Add Creamed Corn and mix well, and bring back to the boil.
- Place Potato Starch and Water in a small bowl and mix well. Then add the mixture to the hot soup and stir to thicken the soup.
- Add Egg(s) slowly in a circular motion into the hot soup, gently stirring. When the egg is cooked, remove from the heat. Check the flavour and add extra Salt & White Pepper if required.
- Add finely chopped Spring Onion. Sprinkle extra White Pepper over if you like and enjoy.