I am writing this recipe to encourage my son and his friends to try more cooking. I know they don’t want to bother about cooking soups when instant cup soups are cheaply available from supermarkets. But do they know what’s in those powders? Soup is easy to cook and much more nutritious and delicious. Try cooking this soup and impress your friends and family!
Onion 1 *finely chopped
Garlic 1 clove *crushed and finely chopped
Chicken Thigh/Breast Fillet(s) 200 to 250g *cut into small pieces
Olive Oil / Canola Oil 1 tablespoon
Chicken Stock 2 cups *OR 2 cups Water and 1 Stock Cube
Angel Hair Pasta / Thin Spaghetti 1/2 cupful *broken into small pieces
Milk 1 cup
Salt & White Pepper *Black Pepper is OK
Canned Creamed Corn 1 *420g
Frozen Peas 1/4 cup
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan or a pot over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic. When the Onion turned transparent (getting soft), add Chicken and keep cooking.
- When Chicken changed the colour, add Chicken Stock (or Water and Stock Cube) and bring to the boil, then add Angel Hair Pasta.
- The thinner the pasta are, the quicker they get cooked. As the pasta soak up the liquid, the soup would look reduced.
- When the pasta are soft, add Milk and check the flavour. Season with Salt & White Pepper to suit your taste.
- Add Creamed Corn and Frozen Peas, and stir to combine well. Let it cook a few more minutes, stirring occasionally, and it is done!