Creamy Broccoli Soup that is made with Milk can be curry flavoured. If you have never made a soup with Curry Powder and Milk, you should try it. It is absolutely delicious. There are some methods to make the soup thick and creamy. You can add Flour, Corn Starch OR Oats. Today I added a Potato, and that is the simplest method. Enjoy the soup with nice crusty Bread. For the photo, I added some pieces of toasted Bread.
3 to 4 Servings
1 clove Garlic
1 large Potato *about 200g
1/2 small head Broccoli *about 100g
1 tablespoon Oil OR Butter *I used Sunflower Oil
1 teaspoon Curry Powder
1 cup Chicken Stock OR Vegetable Stock *OR 1 cup Water & 1 Stock Cube
1 cup Milk
Salt & Black Pepper
- Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a saucepan over medium heat, cook Onion and Garlic for a few minutes, add Potato, then add Curry Powder and stir. Add Chicken Stock (OR Vegetable Stock), cover with a lid, and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add Broccoli, you can add some extra Water if required, cover with a lid, and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- *Note: For healthier soup, you can boil everything in the stock without Oil.
- Add Milk and season with Salt and Black Pepper.
- Use a stick Blender to blend until smooth, OR you may wish to blend coarsely. Enjoy with nice crusty Bread. For the above photo, I added some pieces of toasted Bread.
Leave a Reply