Mushroom lovers would enjoy this dish. Rice and the sautéed Mushrooms are cooked in the soy flavoured broth of your choice. Mushroom need to be pre-cooked with Butter, but it is a quick and easy process. Butter & Soy Sauce is a yummy combination and crunchy mushrooms are simply delicious!
Short Grain Rice 2 cups *180ml cup
Butter 20 to 30g
Garlic 2 cloves *finely chopped
Chicken OR Vegetable Stock 400ml
Salt 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon
Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon
Freshly Cracked Pepper
- Prepare Mushrooms first. I recommend to slice them fairly thick for the crunchy texture.
- Heat Butter in a frying pan over a medium to high heat, cook Mushrooms until nicely browned. Add Garlic and cook stirring until aromatic, then remove from heat.
- Check the saltiness of the Stock you are using and season with Salt & Pepper as required. Add Soy Sauce to the Stock and mix well. I recommend to season the Stock fairly strongly.
- Wash Rice and place it in the rice cooker. Add the seasoned Stock, and place the Mushroom mixture over the rice, but do not stir. Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking.
- Sprinkle with plenty of chopped parsley and freshly cracked Pepper and serve.