Today I suddenly crave Gingerbread. I can’t remember when was the last time I ate it. I used to make it quite often when my children were young. Gingerbread is not hard to make but it is not quick & easy to make. I decided to make Gingerbread Flavoured Pancakes. As these pancakes are not very sweet, please enjoy with Honey, Golden Syrup, Maple Syrup, etc. They satisfied my craving.
8 to 10 Pancakes
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Rising Flour
1/4 cup Brown Sugar OR Dark Brown Sugar
*Note: If you have Molasses, you can add 1-2 tablespoons
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 to 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
*Note: You can add some Ground Allspice, Nutmeg, Cardamon OR Cloves
1 cup Milk
Oil for cooking
- Place Self-Rising Flour, Sugar, Salt and all Spices into a large bowl, and mix well. *Note: If you use Plain Flour, you need to add 1 teaspoon Baking Powder and mix well.
- Add Milk and Eggs, and whisk until smooth.
- Heat a large frying pan (non-stick preferred) over low heat. Oil the pan very lightly and cook pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface and the edges get cooked. Flip over and cook for further 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, oiling pan between batches.
- Serve with Whipped Cream, Honey, Golden Syrup, Maple Syrup, etc. I sprinkled with Ground Cinnamon.