It seems many people are making Banana & Oats Pancakes. Some people use store-bought Oats Flour, some people grind Oats by themselves, and some people use a blender to make the batter. If you use Quick Oats, you don’t need to process Oats. I use my stick blender to make the batter slightly smoother, so that the texture of pancakes is better.
6 x 10cm Pancakes
1 large Ripe Banana *140g after peeled, if your Banana is smaller, you would need more Milk
1/4 cup Milk *add extra if required
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 tablespoon Sugar *OR other Sweetener of your choice
1 cup Quick Oats *about 125g
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
Oil for cooking
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl OR large measuring jug. I used 500ml capacity measuring jug.
- This batter can be cooked as it is, but I recommend to process it into slightly smoother texture using a stick blender if you have one. *Note: If the mixture is too runny, add extra Oats. If it is too thick, add extra Milk.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to low heat. Oil the pan very lightly, and cook pancakes for 2 minutes or until nicely browned. Flip over and cook the other side for 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, oiling pan between batches.
- Enjoy with Honey, Maple Syrup, extra fresh Banana, etc.