I have a great recipe for ‘Oats & Banana Cookies’. They can be made with No Egg, No Flour, No Dairy. The binding ingredient is Ripe Banana, so they taste Banana. The other day, I wanted to make Cocoa flavoured Oats Cookies, but I didn’t have Banana. So I made a new recipe. You need an Egg and a little bit of Flour for the new recipe. These cookies are bitter and not very sweet. You may wish to add extra Sugar, but I added some Dark Chocolate Chips, that made the cookies absolutely sweet enough for me.
1/4 cup Brown Sugar *firmly packed
*Note: These cookies are not very sweet. Add extra 1-2 tablespoons for sweeter cookies.
1/4 cup Plain Flour
1/4 cup Oil *I used Sunflower Oil
1/4 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
1 & 1/2 cups Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Almonds *coarsely chopped
*Note: You can add some Chocolate Chips OR Dried Fruit, etc. Today I added 1/4 cup Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Place Brown Sugar, Plain Flour, Oil, Salt, Egg and Cocoa Powder in a mixing bowl, and mix well until smooth. *Note: You can add extra Sugar for sweeter cookies.
- Add Rolled Oats and Almonds, and mix to combine. *Note: You can add some extra ingredients such as Chocolate Chips OR Dried Fruit, etc.
- Preheat oven to 160℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Use a large spoon OR a cookie scoop to drop 20 balls of mixture on the prepared tray. As the mixture is sticky, wet your fingers with water OR oil, and form each ball of mixture into a flat 5-6mm thick round.
- Bake for about 20 minutes OR until nicely browned, though it might be difficult to see. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
- *Note: The photo below is the same Oats Cookies, but I added 1/4 cup Sultanas.
Leave a Reply