To save blackening Banana, I often freeze it after mashed it. Frozen mashed Banana is very easy to use as it thaws very quickly. Today I made these cookies, that are very similar to my ‘No Sugar Muesli Bars’. But I didn’t add Egg, because I made them for a family member who is Vegan. No Egg, No Flour, No Dairy, but cookies were baked nicely.
1 Ripe Banana *mashed
2 tablespoons (OR more) Sugar *OR Honey, Golden Syrup, etc.
1 pinch Salt
2 tablespoons Oil *I used Sunflower Oil
1 cup Rolled Oats *about 80g
1/2 cup Quick Oats *You can use extra Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Nuts of your choice * I used Roasted Almonds & Roasted Walnuts
1/4 cup Dried Fruit *e.g. Sultanas, Currants, Cranberries, etc.
- Combine mashed Banana, Sugar, Salt and Oil in a mixing bowl. Add Rolled Oats and Quick Oats (OR Rolled Oats only), and mix to combine. Set aside for 10-15 minutes so that Oats will soak up the moisture.
- *Note: Depending on the size of the Banana, the mixture can be still very soft. You can add extra Quick Oats (OR Rolled Oats).
- Add coarsely chopped Nuts and Dried Fruit, and mix to combine.
- Preheat the over to 160℃. Line a baking tray with Baking paper.
- Roll the mixture FIRMLY into flat rounds, place on the prepared tray, then press down and tidy up the edges. Today I made 15 cookies.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes OR until nicely browned. Transfer to a wire rack and cool.
Leave a Reply