My daughter is interested in healthy eating. I have learned a lot of healthy recipes from her. This is one of them. I found it not sweet enough at first, but now I think this is just right. No sugar, no butter, full of amazing nutrients!
20 bars or more
*I use 25 x 38cm baking tray.
5 cups Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Chia Seeds *optional
2 Ripe Bananas
1 to 2 tablespoons Honey *optional
2 tablespoons melted Coconut Oil *OR Oil of your choice
2 cups Nuts & Dried Fruit & Desiccated Coconut
*e.g. Almonds, Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds), Sunflower Seeds, Sultanas, Currants, Raisins, Cranberries, chopped Apricots, Desiccated Coconut, etc.
- Melt Coconut Oil and mash the ripe Bananas very well. The sweetness comes from the Bananas, but you may wish to add 1 to 2 tablespoons Honey for extra sweetness.
- Combine Oil, Bananas and lightly beaten Eggs (and Honey), then add Rolled Oats and Chia Seeds, mix well.
- Add about 2 cups of other ingredients such as coarsely chopped Nuts, Dried Fruit and Desiccated Coconut. You can add less or more of anything you like.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base of a baking tray with baking paper. Once the ingredients are well combined, place the mixture onto the baking tray and spread evenly, then press down to 5-6mm thickness.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden, and cool. Cut into the size you like.
Leave a Reply