On the other day, my family enjoyed Yakiniku, Japanese style tabletop BBQ, to celebrate my son’s birthday. We just cooked Meat, Vegetables and Mushrooms on a hot plate with no seasoning at all, then enjoyed them with Yakiniku dipping sauce. The ingredients included Enoki. And the Enoki that was simply cooked on the hot plate was so delicious and it inspired me to make this dish.
4 to 6 Eggs *lightly whisked
Salt & White Pepper
2 tablespoons Oil
Sesame Oil OR Oil of your choice
300g Enoki Mushroom
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
Sauce of your choice *e.g. Yakiniku Sauce, Oyster Sauce, etc.
*Note: Today I made the sauce by mixing 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce, 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- Whisk Eggs in a bowl, and lightly season with Salt & White Pepper. Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium high heat, cook softly and transfer to a plate.
- Trim Enoki and tear into smaller clusters but not too small. Add a small amount of Sesame Oil to the frying pan, and cook some Enoki. *Note: Do not cook all Enoki at once. You must cook in batches.
- When browned, turn over and cook other side, and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat and cook remaining Enoki. No seasoning is required.
- Arrange Egg on Enoki, drizzle with the sauce of your choice, and sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy.
- *Note: The sauce that I used today can be made by mixing 1 tablespoon Oyster Sauce, 1/2 tablespoon Soy Sauce and 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil.
Leave a Reply