The other day, when I found Lamb meat was on special at a supermarket, I bought a block and thinly sliced it. I divided into easy-to-use portions and froze them. Thinly sliced meat is quick and easy to cook. It took less than 10 minutes to cook this Lamb Curry Rice Bowl as I used leftover cooked Rice. I seasoned it with Soy Sauce.
200 to 250g thinly sliced Lamb *Mince can be used
Salt & Pepper
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
1 tablespoon Oil
1 tablespoon Curry Powder
1 Ripe Tomato *cut into small pieces
2 servings warm Cooked Rice
Finely chopped Spring Onion *optional
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1 clove Garlic *grated
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Sake (Rice Wine) OR Water
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in s small bowl.
- Cut thinly sliced Lamb into bite-size pieces and lightly season with Salt & Pepper. Prepare vegetables.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook Onion for a few minutes. Add Lamb and stir until Lamb changes colour.
- Add Curry Powder and stir to combine. Add Tomato and the Sauce, and stir until the Sauce thickens.
- Half fill a bowl with warm Cooked Rice, cover it with the Lamb mixture, sprinkle with finely chopped Spring Onion, and enjoy.