For several days since last week, I had a cold and just craved soups day after day. One day I really wanted to eat Miso Soup with Silken Tofu, that would be very gentle to my sore throat. However, I didn’t have enough energy to cook it properly. Then, I made this Mug Miso Soup. Today I made it again with extra ingredients such as Baby Spinach and Enoki to take this photo. I also cut Tofu nicely today, but you don’t need to do that if you are weak. Just add whatever ingredients you want to eat to the base Miso Soup and heat it up in the microwave. This soup definitely tastes much better than Instant Miso Soup.
1/4 teaspoon Dashi Powder *I used ‘Katsuo’ (Bonito) Dashi
1 tablespoon Miso *I used White Miso, alter the amount to suit your taste
1 cup Boiling Water
Additional Ingredients *I added Silken Tofu, Baby Spinach, Dried Cut Wakame and Enoki. Add something that can be cooked very quickly OR already cooked.
Finely chopped Spring Onion
- Place Dashi Powder and Miso in a large mug. Add Boiling Water and mix well until Miso has dissolved completely. *Note: Alter the amount of Miso depending on its saltiness. If it is too strong, add extra Boiling Water.
- You can enjoy this base Miso Soup as it is, but why don’t you add something nutritious?
- I added Baby Spinach, Enoki, Silken Tofu and Dried Cut Wakame. You can add something that can be cooked very quickly OR already cooked.
- Place the mug in the microwave and bring to the boil OR heat until hot if ingredients don’t need to be cooked.
- Add some finely chopped Spring Onion and enjoy. Please take care of yourself.
Leave a Reply