I made this Pumpkin Cheesecake based on a New York-style Cheesecake recipe that I use. I just added pureed Pumpkin and extra Flour. For a nicer colour contrast, I used Arnott’s Choco Ripple Cookies for the base. Other black coloured sweet biscuits can be used.
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
100g Arnott’s Choc Ripple Cookies OR Sweet Biscuits *made into fine crumbles
50g Butter *melted
*Note: Add a small amount of Cream or Milk if more moisture is needed.
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/3 cup Sugar
100ml Sour Cream
2 large Eggs
1 cup pureed Cooked Pumpkin
1 teaspoons Lemon Juice *OR Rum, Vanilla Extract, etc.
2 tablespoons Plain Flour
- Preheat the oven to 160℃. Line the base and sides of a springform cake tin with baking paper, and cover the tin with foil, so that water won’t get in the tin.
- For the base, mix finely crumbled Biscuit and melted Butter until moist crumbs. Place the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base.
- Process all the Cheesecake ingredients until smooth. If you don’t have food processor, mix all ingredients very well using electric beater or hand mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the cake tin over the base. Place the tin in a roasting pan, pour boiling water to the pan about 2cm deep. Bake for 60 minutes or until just set. Allow to cool completely before you take out the cake from the tin.
- *Note: This steam baking method is optional. You can bake this cake without hot water for drier result.
Leave a Reply