It’s time to harvest Passionfruit that our next-door neighbours planted along the fence some years ago. The plants have invaded our garden and grown over our trees and bushes. Currently tens of fruit are very ready to harvest!
20cm Springform Cake Tin
3 large Eggs *separated Whites and Yolks
90g (100ml) Caster Sugar
90g (150ml) Self-Raising Flour
20g Butter *melted
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/2 cup Cream
1 tablespoon Caster Sugar
1/2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 cup Pure Icing Sugar
2 tablespoons Passionfruit Pulp *1 large Passionfruit is probably enough
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line base and side of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk Egg Whites in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add Sugar gradually and whisk until firm peaks form. Then add Egg Yolks and whisk until well combined.
- Sift flour over the egg mixture while gradually folding in with a large spoon, then add melted Butter and Vanilla, mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until cakes springs back when gently touched. Turn out on wire rack. Carefully peel away baking paper, then leave to cool completely.
- In a clean bowl, beat Cream until soft peaks form. Add Caster Sugar and Lemon Juice, and beat until well combined.
- To make Passionfruit Icing, just mix Icing Sugar and Passionfruit Pulp until smooth.
- Slice the cooled sponge cake in half, spread the cream mixture on top of the lower slice of the cake, and place upper slice on the cream. Spread the passionfruit icing on top. *Note: The cake must be cooled completely.
Leave a Reply