My ‘Easiest Sweet Shortcrust Pastry’ dough is very versatile. By adding extra ingredients to it, you can create many sweets. Today I added Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon and extra Sugar to make these delicious Soft Lemon Cookies.
100g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
*Note: You can use whole Egg. In that case, you need to add extra Flour.
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 cup (*250ml) Self-Raising Flour *and extra 3-4 tablespoons if you use whole Egg
3 to 4 tablespoons Icing Sugar for coating
- Mix softened Butter and Sugar until smooth. Add Egg Yolk (OR Whole Egg) and mix until creamy. Add Lemon Zest and Juice, and mix well. It may look curdled.
- Add Self-Raising Flour and mix to combine. At this stage, the dough is too soft to roll. Place in the fridge for a while to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Line a large baking tray (OR 2 trays) with baking paper.
- Roll the dough into 20 balls, about 3cm size. Then roll the balls in Icing Sugar to coat well, and place on the prepared tray(s). Cookies need plenty space around each.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool on wire racks.