Have you tried any of my sauces? They are all so versatile and can be used for many dishes. ‘Sweet Miso Sauce’ is one of them. I simply stir-fry Eggplant and Green Capsicum, then add Pork Mince, and seasoned with the ‘Sweet Miso Sauce’ with chilli bean sauce for spiciness. So easy to cook and so yummy. We always eat this dish with rice, so I have made it into ‘Donburi (Rice bowl)’ dish. This will never disappoint you.
Eggplant 2 to 4 *about 600g, cut into small pieces
Green Capsicum 1 *cut into small pieces
Pork Mince (OR Chicken Mince, Beef Mince, Tofu, Tuna) 250 to 300g
Oil 3 to 4 tablespoons
Freshly Cooked Rice 4 servings
Spring Onion 1 *finely chopped
Miso 3 tablespoons
Sugar 1 tablespoon
Mirin 2 tablespoons
Soy Sauce 1/2 to 1 tablespoon
Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce) 1/2 tablespoon
- Place all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Adjust the amount of Sugar, Mirin and Soy Sauce depending on the flavour and saltiness of Miso you use.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook Eggplant and Capsicum.
- When vegetables are cooked and almost tender, add Pork Mince and cook well.
- Add the sauce and combine well.
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with the Eggplant mixture. Sprinkle some finely chopped Spring Onion on top.