‘Sweet Miso Sauce’ is so versatile and can be used for many dishes. I simply stir-fry Eggplant and Green Capsicum, then add Pork Mince, and seasoned with the ‘Sweet Miso Sauce’ with Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce) for spiciness. So easy to cook and so yummy. We always eat this dish with rice, so I have made it into ‘Donburi (Rice bowl)’ dish. This will never disappoint you.
2 medium Eggplants *cut into small pieces
1 Green Capsicum *cut into small pieces
250 to 300g Pork Mince (OR Chicken Mince, Beef Mince, Tofu, Tuna)
3 to 4 tablespoons Oil
4 servings Freshly Cooked Rice
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
3 tablespoons Miso
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Mirin
1/2 to 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 tablespoon Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce)
- Place all the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Adjust the amount of Sugar, Mirin and Soy Sauce depending on the flavour and saltiness of Miso that you use.
- Heat Oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, and cook Eggplant and Capsicum.
- When vegetables are cooked and almost tender, add Pork Mince and cook well.
- Add the sauce and combine well.
- Half fill a bowl with Freshly Cooked Rice and cover it with the Eggplant mixture. Sprinkle some finely chopped Spring Onion on top.
My girlfriend has made this a few times now, and it’s been consistently delicious! Hall of fame territory!
It’s 2021 and I’m still eating this delicious recipe regularly! Thank you so much for sharing it.
I’ve made this a few times now and it’s been consistently delicious! Thanks so much Hiroko for sharing it!
Hi Siobhan. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I am now preparing ‘Grilled Eggplant with Sweet Miso Sauce’ for our guests tonight. Eggplant and sweet miso sauce, such a great combination!