I had some Apples that were getting old and spongy. I wanted to use them to make Apple Cake, but those Apples were not suitable for my ‘Super Easy Apple Cake’. Then I decided to thinly slice those Apples. The batter was too thick to combine with the Apple slices, so I added Milk. The cake turned out so good. I am writing down how I made this cake.
18 to 20cm Round Cake Tin
3-4 Apples *Today I used Royal Gala Apples, which are not cooking Apples
60g Butter *melted
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon *optional
1/2 cup Milk
Icing Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line the base and sides of 18-20cm Round Cake Tin with baking paper.
- Melt Butter in a heat-proof mixing bowl in the microwave, add Caster Sugar and mix well. Add Eggs, one at a time, mixing well, then add other ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Peel Apples, cut each Apple into 4 wedges, thinly slice, and add to the batter. Mix to combine, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin evenly and smooth the surface.
- Bake about 50-60 minutes OR until nicely browned and cooked through. If getting too dark, cover with foil. Transfer to the wire rack and cool.
- Serve Warm OR Cold, with Cream OR Sour Cream if you like.
Leave a Reply