This ‘White Fish & Potato Garlic Soup’ is absolutely versatile. I seasoned it with Salt & Pepper, but you can add some Chilli as well. OR you can add Curry Powder. You may wish to add Tomato. You can season it with Miso or Soy Sauce instead of Salt & Pepper. You can add Spring Onion instead of Parsley. How would you like to cook this soup?
250g White Fish Fillets *thawed if frozen, e.g. Whiting, Blue Grenadier, Hoki, Hake, Cod, etc.
Salt & Pepper
1/2 Onion *thinly sliced
1 to 2 cloves Garlic *finely chopped
1 tablespoon Oil *I used Olive Oil
1 to 2 Potatoes *about 250g, cut into bite-size pieces
2 cups Chicken Stock, Vegetable Stock OR Stock of your choice
Chilli *optional, I added 1 small Dried Chilli for subtle spiciness
1 tablespoon finely chopped Parsley
Additional OR Alternative Ingredients
Miso OR Soy Sauce
Spring Onion OR other Herbs
- Cut Fish Fillets into chunky pieces, season with Salt and Pepper, and set aside.
- Heat Oil in a large saucepan, cook Onion and Garlic until soft. *Note: If you add Curry Powder, add it now.
- Add Potato pieces, Stock and Chilli (if you add it), and bring to the boil. *Note: If you add Tomato, add it now.
- When Potato is cooked, add Fish pieces, and bring back to the boil. Fish can be cooked very quickly. When Fish is cooked, season with Salt & Pepper. You may wish to season with Miso or Soy Sauce.
- Add some finely chopped Parsley (OR Spring Onion or other Herbs) and enjoy.
Leave a Reply