In Japan, most commonly Sausages are used for this fried rice dish, but I use any protein that I have in hand. This time I used a thick slice of Ham. Curry Powder that I use is a quite spicy one. You may wish to add more or less, but do not forget the Soy Sauce which is essential to season this dish.
2 Eggs *lightly whisked
1 tablespoon Canola Oil *and extra if needed
1/2 Onion OR 2 Spring Onions
100g Ham, Sausages, Chicken, Pork, Beef *cut into small pieces
1/4 cup Peas OR chopped Green Capsicum
2 servings Cooked Rice *about 360g, warmed
2-3 teaspoons Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Curry Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Combine all seasonings in a small bowl. If you use cold left-over cooked rice, warm it in the microwave.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan or wok over medium high heat, cook Egg and transfer to a plate.
- Add extra Oil if required, cook Onion, Ham (OR Sausages, Chicken, Pork, Beef) and Peas (OR chopped Green Capsicum) until cooked through.
- Return the cooked Egg, add the seasoning mix, then add warmed rice and stir well to combine.
- Finally drizzle over Soy Sauce, toss and stir until aromatic.