This delicious cake can be made with any seasonal fruit. This time I used Apricots. You may wish to use plums, peaches, nectarines, pears, apples, etc. If you don’t have any seasonal fruit, canned fruit is totally fine. Enjoy with softly whipped cream or yoghurt.
20cm Square Cake Tin
3 to 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar OR Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon *optional
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
2 tablespoons Milk
6 to 8 Apricot *halved
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Line the base and sides of a cake tin (preferably with a loose bottom) with baking paper.
- Make cinnamon crumble by mixing all ingredients until crumbly.
- For the cake, beat Butter and Sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add Eggs, 1 at a time. Add Milk and Flour and mix well to combine. Spoon into the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface.
- Arrange the Apricots over the mixture, then scatter over the crumble.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until golden and cooked through. Cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.
Leave a Reply