When I have ripe Bananas, I wait for a few more days until they turn very dark and smell nearly fermenting. Then I make ‘My Legendary Banana Cake’, always the same cake. Today I wanted to make something different, so I decided to add Cocoa Powder and Chocolate Chips to it. I increased the amount of Butter a little bit. The result was excellent!
Loaf Tin (OR 18 to 20cm Round Cake Tin)
125g Salted Ordinary Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
3 large Eggs *at room temperature
2 Very-Well-Ripe Large Bananas *mashed
1 tablespoon Rum
1 & 1/3 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
Softly Whipped Cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 170C. Line the base and sides of a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Beat Butter and Sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add Eggs, 1 at a time. Add mashed Banana and Rum, and mix well.
- Mix Self-Raising Flour, Cocoa Powder and Bi-Carb Soda, and sift in and stir. Finally add Dark Chocolate Chips and combine well.
- Spoon into the prepared loaf tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cool with soft whipped Cream.