When I first made Blondies, I used my ‘Brownies‘ recipe and I simply replaced Dark Chocolate with White Chocolate. It didn’t work. White Chocolate version became too wet. You would definitely need more Flour. Today I added Macadamia Nuts, that are native to Australia. You can use other nuts such as Walnuts, Almonds OR Pistachios. But Nuts are optional.
34cm x 20cm Brownie Tin OR similar size Square Cake Tin
1 packet (180 to 200g) White Chocolate
125g (OR 1/2 of a block) Regular Salted Butter
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup Plain Flour
1/4 teaspoon Bi-carb Soda
80g Macadamia Nuts *coarsely chopped
- Line a brownie tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Coarsely OR finely chop up White Chocolate. Coarsely chop up Macadamia Nuts separately.
- Place Butter and 1/2 of the White Chocolate in a large heat-proof mixing bowl, and microwave until melted. *Note: You can do this process using a saucepan.
- Add Caster Sugar and mix well. Add Eggs and Vanilla, and mix well. Sift in Flour and Bi-carb Soda, and mix well. Add the remaining White Chocolate and Macadamia Nuts, and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes OR until cooked through. Try to keep eye on it to avoid the top gets too dark. Cover with a sheet of foil if needed.
- Allow to cool in the tin. When cooled, take out and cut into squares.
Leave a Reply