Today I was organising my old recipes that I wrote many years ago, then I came across this ‘Blueberry & White Chocolate Scones’ recipe. It was nearly 20 years ago, I fell in love with a Blueberry & White Chocolate Scone that I bought from a local bakery. Because it was quite expensive, I tried to make a similar scone using Auntie Lorna’s Scone recipe. I believed the recipe had been shared on my website, but it hadn’t. This recipe must be on my website, because these scones bring back a lot of fond memories. So, I baked them again today. Absolutely delicious!!!
2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
60g Cold Regular Butter *Not the unsalted butter!
1 pinch Salt
2/3 cup Milk
90g White Chocolate *coarsely chopped
1 punnet (125g) Fresh Blueberries *Frozen Blueberries can be used. See ‘Method 4’
- Preheat oven to 220℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place Flour, Sugar and Salt in a large bowl. Cut the Butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Using fingertips, rub the Butter pieces into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add Milk and stir until a sticky dough forms. Knead gently until just combined, then add coarsely chopped White Chocolate and Blueberries, and mix evenly.
- *Note: Frozen Blueberries can be used, but do not thaw. If you use Frozen Blueberries, it might take longer time to bake. Alter the baking time. If top gets too dark, cover with a sheet of foil.
- Divide the dough in half. On a floured surface, gently flatten each dough to 2cm thick round. Cut each round into 6 pieces.
- Place scones on prepared tray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped on top.