This is a humble fruit tart with no crust. You can make with any fruit in season. This time I used Cherries but Peaches, Nectarines and Ripe Pears are also very good. Alter the amount of Sugar depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
6 to 8 Servings *I used 22.5cm Pie Dish
Cherries *enough to cover the pie dish, pitted
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 pinch Salt
1/2 cup Thickened Cream
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup Plain Flour
30g Butter *melted
Extra Butter for greasing & Caster Sugar
Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 170C. Butter a pie dish and add a small amount of Caster Sugar to coat, shaking out any excess. *I used 22.5cm Pie Dish
- Fill the pie dish with pitted fresh Cherries.
- Place Sugar, Salt, Eggs, Cream, Vanilla Extract in a bowl, mix with a whisk, sift in Flour and mix well until smooth. Add melted Butter and combine well.
- Pour the mixture over the cherries, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar before serve and enjoy warm or cold. I like it cold!