When I use Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits for a Cheesecake’s base, I always have many leftovers. The other day, I decided to add the leftover Biscuits to the Cheesecake filling, and it turned a yummy Choc Ripple Cheesecake. Today I added Biscuits on top as well, so I used 1 whole packet. As I expected, those topping Biscuits turn soft and moist. It is a good idea to serve this Cheesecake with some fresh Berries OR Cherries.
18cm Round Springform Cake Tin
100g Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits *made into fine crumbles
*Note: Add a small amount of Cream or Milk if more moisture is required.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 tablespoons Water
1/2 cup Milk
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla OR 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice *optional
1 cup (250ml) Thickened Cream OR Heavy Cream *whipped
8 to 10 Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits *broken into small pieces
8 Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits *broken into small pieces
- For the base, mix finely crumbled Biscuit and melted Butter until moist crumbs. If more moisture is required, add a small amount of Cream or Milk.
- Line the base and sides of a springform cake tin with baking paper, place the crumbs into the cake tin and press firmly over the base. Set aside in the fridge while you are preparing the Filling.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes. Heat Milk in a small saucepan and bring close to the boil, and remove from the heat. Add soaked Gelatine, mix well until Gelatine dissolves.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened Cream Cheese, Sugar and Vanilla OR Lemon Juice if you add any. Add the Milk & Gelatine mixture, and mix well. Whip Cream until soft peaks form, add to the mixture, and combine well.
- Add broken Biscuits and mix to combine. Pour the mixture over the base in the cake tin. Spread broken Biscuits over the top evenly. Place the tin in the fridge and leave to set.
- When the Cheesecake Filling is firmly set, the topping Biscuits should be soft and moist. *Note: It is a good idea to serve this Cheesecake with some fresh Berries OR Cherries.