I baked these ‘Choco Chip Cookies’ regularly when my children were young. The amount of Caster Sugar used to be 1/2 cup, but I reduced to 1/4 cup because of my daughter’s health consciousness. Today I baked them for the first time in many years and ‘Wow!’ the smell of the cookies have brought back their childhood memories.
125g Butter *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 & 3/4 cup Self-Rising Flour
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat softened Butter, Caster Sugar and Brown Sugar until smooth and well combined. Beat in Egg and Vanilla, and mix well.
- Add Flour and mix well, then add Chocolate Chips and combine evenly.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls, about 3cm size, and place on the prepared trays, 12 balls each. You may wish to press down but it is not necessary.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.