Roasted & Peeled Chestnuts are lovely to eat, but it requires time-consuming work to make. These days, canned or vacuum-packed whole peeled chestnuts are available. A local Asian grocery store sells them, too. Those whole chestnuts can be a special sweet when they are coated with lovely chocolate.
20 Roasted & Peeled Chestnuts
1 tablespoon Rum OR Brandy
120g Dark Chocolate *broken into small pieces
- Place Chestnuts in a small bowl, sprinkle with Rum (OR Brandy) and marinate over night. *I found wrapping with a piece of plastic food wrap is the best way to evenly marinate Chestnuts with the minimal amount of Rum.
- Dry the marinated Chestnuts with paper towel.
- Place broken Chocolate in a heat-proof bowl, and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes OR over a saucepan of boiling water. Mix well until smooth.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Dip a few Chestnuts in the melted Chocolate, then pick up using 2 forks or chopsticks, one Chestnut at a time, and lay on the prepared baking paper. Repeat with remaining Chestnuts.
- Allow them to cool until Chocolate has set.