In the warmer season, Bananas get brown spots very quickly. I place those Bananas in a ziplock bag, mash them, and freeze. Frozen mashed Bananas are easy to use. Today I decided to bake Banana Cake for the first time in a long time. I added Cinnamon Crumble for a change.
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 & 3/4 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/4 cup Milk
2 Ripe Bananas *mashed
50g Butter *softened
50g Caster Sugar
50g Self-Raising Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
*Note: The amount of Flour can be increased as long as the mixture turns into crumbles.
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- To make Cinnamon Crumble, place softened Butter in a bowl, add Sugar and mix well. Add Flour and mix to form crumble.
- To make cupcake batter, mix softened Butter and Sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add Eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add Self-Raising Flour & Milk, mix to combine, then add mashed Bananas and combine well.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases, cover with Cinnamon Crumble, and gently press the Crumble down to the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto a wire rack to cool.