The other day I had leftover Coconut Milk. I used it to make my Basic Plain Cupcakes replacing Milk with it. I also replaced some Flour with Desiccated Coconut. The cupcakes turned out delicious and full of coconut flavour. Today I made the cupcakes again, and decorated them with a generous amount of Whipped Cream that was flavoured with Rum. It was a good match.
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 cup Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
1 cup Thickened Cream
2 tablespoons Caster Sugar
1-2 teaspoons Rum
Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12-hole medium-size muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat softened Butter in a mixing bowl with a whisk until smooth. Add Sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. If the Eggs are too cold, the mixture will curdle. Try to stand the bowl in warm water, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds, then continue beating until the batter becomes smooth and creamy.
- Gently fold in Flour and Desiccated Coconut with a spatula or a large metal spoon, add Coconut Milk as well, and mix until just combined. DO NOT over-mix.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Leave in tins for 5 minutes before moving onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Thickened Cream and Sugar until soft peaks form. Add Rum and mix well.
- Decorate the cooled cupcakes with the whipped Cream. I sprinkled with some Sweetened Flaked Coconut.
Leave a Reply