My ‘Choco Chip Cookies’ are delicious and everyone loves them. Today I added Cocoa Powder to make the dough Chocolate flavour. And I coated the balls of dough with Icing Sugar. The cookies cracked up as always, and they look pretty.
125g Butter *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 large Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup chopped Dark Chocolate OR Dark Chocolate Chips
3 to 4 tablespoons Icing Sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat softened Butter, Caster Sugar and Brown Sugar until smooth and well combined. Beat in Egg and Vanilla, and mix well.
- Combine Self-Raising Flour, Cocoa Powder and Bi-Carb Soda, and add to the Butter & Egg mixture. Mix to combine, then add chopped Dark Chocolate OR Dark Chocolate Chips, and combine evenly.
- Roll the dough into 24 balls, about 3cm size, and roll them over Icing Sugar to coat well. Place on the prepared trays, 12 balls each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.