‘Korokke’ is a deep fried potato cake coated with Panko bread crumbs. ‘Korokke’ is very popular in Japan and we can buy many different types of Korokke anywhere. One very popular flavour is spicy curry!
12 to 16
5 to 6 Large Potatoes *dry & fluffy types are better
250 to 300g Beef Mince *can be Pork Mince
1 Onion *finely chopped
1/4 cup Peas, Corn, diced Carrot or Vegetables you like
1 tablespoon Oil
Salt, Pepper & Curry Powder
Oil for deep frying
- Heat Oil in a frying pan and cook finely chopped Onion, then add Beef Mince until browned and cooked through. Add other vegetables and season with Salt, Pepper & Curry Powder.
- Meanwhile, peel Potatoes and cut into small pieces. Cook in salted water until soft. Drain very well and mash Potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes and beef mixture and add some more seasoning to taste only if requires. Let it cool for a while.
- Divide the mixture and make round patties. Cool the patties completely so that they become firm for easier handling. I recommend to refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Coat with Flour, then dip in lightly whisked Egg(s) to coat, and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Heat deep frying Oil to around 180℃ and fry the patties for 2-3 minutes or until nicely browned.