‘Pork Shogayaki’, or Ginger Pork, is one of the most popular Izakaya dishes. If you like it, you would certainly love this Takikomigohan. Basically I cooked same ingredients with Rice all together in a rice cooker. While it is cooking, prepare a refreshing Salad or steamed Veggies. It can be a perfect dinner on a busy day.
300g Pork *thinly sliced and cut into small pieces
2 tablespoonfuls finely sliced Ginger *sliced into fine strips
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoons Mirin
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
2 cups (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice
400ml Chicken Stock *OR 400ml Water & 1 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt *alter the amount depending on the saltiness of the Stock
2 Spring Onions *finely chopped
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) *optional
Toasted Nori *optional
- Thinly slice Pork and cut into small pieces, add Ginger, Soy Sauce, Mirin and White Pepper, and massage. Set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Wash Rice a few times, drain well, and place it in the rice cooker. Add Chicken Stock, sprinkle with Salt, and gently stir.
- Place Pork pieces with all liquid on top of the Rice, but DO NOT stir. Just spread evenly. Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking. *Note: You may wish to add Vegetables such as Carrot and Asian Mushrooms.
- When rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Add Spring Onion and mix gently. Serve with refreshing Salad or steamed Vegetables.
- *Note: You can add Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) and Toasted Nori as topping.