When you have a Banana that is turning brown and you are not willing to bake a cake using it, what do you do with it? Here is one suggestion. If you have a microwave, you can make this ‘Instant Banana Mug Pudding’. It takes about 5 minutes to make it.
1 tablespoon Butter *1 tablespoon is 15ml
1 tablespoon Milk OR Cream
1 to 2 tablespoons Sugar
1 pinch Salt
1/2 to 1 Ripe Banana *cut into small pieces
4 tablespoons Self-Raising Flour
Instant Caramel Sauce
2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Butter
1 teaspoon Cream *optional
- Place Butter, Milk (OR Cream), Sugar and Salt in a mug, microwave for 30 seconds, and mix well.
- Add Banana pieces and mash with a fork. Add Egg and mix well, then add Flour and mix well. When you mix everything in a mug, batter tends to become lumpy. Just mix well until lumps of Flour are gone.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes OR until cooked. *Note: Batter will rise very high out of the mug, but the batter wouldn’t bubble over, and the pudding will shrink.
- Enjoy with Whipped Cream, Sour Cream OR Ice Cream.
- *Note: If you have Brown Sugar, you may wish to try ‘Instant Caramel Sauce’ that I recommend to enjoy this pudding with. Just heat Brown Sugar, Butter and Cream in another mug or small bowl in the microwave for 15-20 seconds and mix well, then pour it over the pudding.