My family enjoyed ‘Jacket Potato With Spicy Miso Pork’ very much, and I have been inspired to create another Asian topping for baked potatoes. This is Korean inspired ‘Bulgogi Beef’. Using Beef Mince, it’s easy to cook!
4 Large Potatoes
500g Beef Mince
1 Onion *finely sliced
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
1 Spring Onion *finely chopped
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Gochujang (Korean Spicy Miso)
2 to 3 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin
- To bake Potatoes, pre-heat oven to 220℃. While the oven is heating up, I recommend to heat scrubbed and washed Potatoes in the microwave. I usually heat Potatoes at 500 to 600W power, occasionally turning over, until they are slightly soft to touch. This will reduce the baking time.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. If not pre-cooked, turn down the oven to 180℃ and bake further until inside is soft.
- In a small bowl combine all the sauce ingredients.
- Heat Sesame Oil in a frying pan, cook Beef Mince and Onion until cooked. Add the sauce and cook, stirring, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Cut the baked potatoes, place plenty of Bulgogi Beef on top and sprinkle with some chopped Spring Onion.