In Japan, mutton BBQ in ‘Yakiniku’ style is called ’Jingisukan (Genghis Khan)’ which is totally different from Mongolian Mutton BBQ. Use commonly available lamb meat to create this scrumptious rice bowl dish. As the lamb meat is strongly seasoned, stir-fried vegetables should be very lightly seasoned. This dish can be enjoyed without rice of course, but you would definitely wish to have a glass of cold beer.
250g Lamb Meat
2-3 Cabbage Leaves
*Note: Use any vegetables of your choice. Green Bean, Asparagus, Bean Sprouts, Spring Onion, Asian Green Vegetables, etc.
1/2 tablespoon Oil for cooking
Salt & Pepper
2 Servings Freshly Cooked Rice
Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
1/2 Apple *grated
1 teaspoon Toban Djan (Chili Bean Sauce)
1 & 1/2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Mirin *OR 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice Lamb Meat into thin bite size pieces. Add to the marinade and mix to combine well. Set aside while you are preparing vegetables.
- The vegetables should be sliced and/or cut into bite size pieces.
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over a medium high heat, stir-fry the vegetables and lightly season with Salt & Pepper. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the frying pan over a high heat, add extra small amount of Oil if required, cook the lamb meat with all the marinade until cooked though and the sauce is thickened.
- Half fill a bowl with freshly cooked rice, cover with the stir-fried vegetables and the lamb on top. Sprinkle with some Toasted Sesame Seeds.