My daughter and I have been in love with ‘Barkers Anathoth Farm Lemon Curd’ from NZ. It is so good! I wanted to make a dessert using it. To make this dessert, you need no lemon juice, no sugar, no butter, or no cream! Just mix Greek Style Yoghurt and the delicious Lemon Curd, and set the mixture with gelatine. I used Egg White to make it a mousse dessert, but it can be left out.
18cm Springform Cake Tin
Sweet Biscuits 120g
Butter 50g *melted
*Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream, Milk or extra Butter.
Gelatine Powder 1 tablespoon
Water 2 to 3 tablespoons
Greek Style Yoghurt 1 & 1/2 cups *OR well-drained yoghurt
Lemon Curd 1/2 cup & extra for topping
Egg White(s) 1-2 *firmly whipped
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small heat-proof bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Line a cake tin (springform is better) base and sides with baking paper.
- Process Sweet Biscuits until crumbled to fine crumbs. Mix with melted butter, and press into the prepared tin. *Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream, Milk or extra Butter.
- Using the electric beaters or a whisk, beat Egg Whites until stiff peaks form.
- Place Yoghurt and 1/2 cup Lemon Curd in a large bowl, and mix well to combine.
- Heat gelatine mixture in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until hot, but do not boil. Gradually add to the yoghurt mixture, mixing with a whisk, and combine well.
- Fold in the egg white gently and combine well. Pour the mixture over the base and smooth the surface. Cover and refrigerate for several hours until firmly set.
- Spread some Lemon Curd on top and enjoy.