Our next-door neighbours are very kind and they regularly share their garden harvests with us. Now I have a bucketful of Lemons! I am so grateful because our lemon trees have never produced fruit and I always have to buy them. Today I baked these Lemon flavoured scones based on Auntie Lorna’s Scone recipe. I added White Chocolate. Delicious!!!
2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
60g Cold Regular Butter *Not the unsalted butter!
Zest of 1 Lemon
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
100g White Chocolate *coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 220℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place Flour and Sugar in a large bowl. Cut the Butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture. Using fingertips, rub the Butter pieces into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice and Milk and stir until a sticky dough forms. Knead gently until just combined, then add chopped White Chocolate and mix evenly.
- Divide the dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, gently flatten each dough to 2cm thick round. Cut each round into 6 pieces.
- Place scones on prepared tray. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and hollow when tapped on top.
- To apply Lemon Icing on top, the scones need to be cool. To make Lemon Icing, mix Icing Sugar and Lemon Juice until smooth. Place it in a piping bag or tough plastic bag, and pipe it out on the cooled Scones.
Leave a Reply