I have recently seen Christmas Tree cupcakes on many websites. The green-colour cream of those cupcakes was most likely coloured with food colouring. My first choice for green colour is Matcha, not food colouring. I altered my ‘Chestnut Cupcakes’ to create my Christmas Cupcakes. Matcha lovers would enjoy them!
Basic Plain Cupcakes
125g Butter *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 & 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
1/2 cup Milk
Matcha Chestnut Cream
200ml Cream *whipped, save 1/4 cup for Filling
6 tablespoons Sweet Chestnut Paste
1 teaspoon Rum
3 teaspoons Matcha Powder
6 peeled roasted Chestnuts *coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons Sweet Chestnut Paste
1 teaspoon Rum
1/4 cup Whipped Cream
- Bake ‘Basic Plain Cupcakes’. My ‘Basic Plain Muffin’ is also good.
- To make Matcha Chestnut Cream, mix Sweet Chestnut Paste and Rum in a small bowl, sift in Matcha Powder, and mix well. In a mixing bowl, whisk Cream until soft peaks form, transfer 1/4 cupful to a small bowl for filling, add the Matcha Chestnut mixture to the mixing bowl, mix well, and whisk until firm peaks form.
- To make filling, add all other ingredients to the saved whipped Cream and mix to combine.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, cut out a cone, fill up the hollow with the filling, and place the cone on top.
- Decorate with the Matcha Chestnut Cream. I piped the cream using a multi-hole nozzle, and decorated with Sugar Pearls and Star-shaped Chocolate.
Leave a Reply