My ‘Basic No-Bake Cheesecake’ recipe is very versatile. It is a quite firm Cheesecake and you can add extra ingredients such as fruit OR fruit puree to create a variety of flavours. Today I added Cherry Jam. The base is made with Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits. I strongly recommend cocoa flavoured base for this Cheesecake.
18cm Springform Round Cake Tin
100g Sweet Biscuits *I used Arnott’s Choc Ripple Biscuits
50g Butter *melted
*Note: Very dry low-fat Biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream OR Milk if required.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 tablespoons Water
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Greek Style Yoghurt
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
1/2 cup Cherry Jam
- Line a cake tin (springform is preferable) base and sides with baking paper.
- Process Sweet Biscuits until crumbled to fine crumbs. Mix with melted Butter and press into the prepared tin. *Note: Very dry low-fat chocolate biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream OR Milk if required.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small heat-proof bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Using the electric beaters or a whisk, whip Cream until firm peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, use the same beaters or a whisk to mix softened Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add Yoghurt and Lemon Juice and mix well.
- Heat the soaked Gelatine in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until completely dissolved. You can do this process over hot water. Gradually beat in the dissolved Gelatine into the Cream Cheese mixture until well combined. Then fold in Whipped Cream.
- Add Cherry Jam and roughly combine. Pour the mixture over the base and smooth the surface. Cover and refrigerate for several hours OR until firmly set.
- Take out the cheesecake from the tin, carefully remove the baking paper, and transfer the cake to a serving plate.