My ‘Basic No-Bake Cheesecake’ is simple and easy. You can add a variety of Fruit to it. However, some types of fresh fruit break down the protein found in Gelatine and prevent the cheesecake from setting. Pineapple is one of those fruit. I recommend to use canned Pineapple.
18cm Springform Round Cake Tin
100g Sweet Biscuits *I used Marie Biscuits
50g Butter *melted
*Note: Very dry low-fat Biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream OR Milk if required.
2 teaspoons Gelatine Powder
2 tablespoons Water
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/4 to 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
1/2 cup Unsweetened Greek Style Yoghurt
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice *OR Pineapple Juice form the can
1/2 cup Thickened Cream *whipped
1 can (440g) Pineapple Pieces OR Slices in Juice
- Line the base and sides of a cake tin with baking paper.
- Process Sweet Biscuits until crumbled to fine crumbs. Mix with melted Butter and firmly press into the prepared tin. (*Note: Very dry low-fat biscuits need more moisture. Add 1-2 tablespoons Cream OR Milk if required.) Leave it in the fridge while you are preparing the filling.
- Sprinkle Gelatine Powder into Water in a small heat-proof bowl and soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain canned Pineapple, gently press to remove excess juice, and cut into small pieces.
- Whip Cream until firm peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix softened Cream Cheese and Sugar until smooth. Add Yoghurt and Lemon Juice, and mix well.
- Heat the soaked Gelatine in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until completely dissolved. You can do this process over hot water. Gradually whisk in the dissolved Gelatine into the Cream Cheese mixture until well combined.
- Add Pineapple pieces and mix well, then fold in Whipped Cream. Pour the mixture over the base and smooth the surface. Cover and refrigerate for several hours OR until firmly set.
- Take out the cheesecake from the tin, carefully remove the baking paper, and transfer the cake to a serving plate.