How do you cook Chicken Breast Fillets? Try this pan-steaming that is quick and easy. For this Asian flavoured dish, I steam Chicken with Spring Onion, Ginger and Sake (Rice Wine). You can use other fragrant Vegetables and Herbs.
2 skinless Chicken Breast Fillets *about 600g
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 thick Spring Onion *cut to 5cm
1 small piece Ginger *thinly sliced
1/4 cup Sake (Rice Wine)
1/4 cup Water
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon Sugar
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
1 clove Garlic *grated
1/2 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- Use a frying pan with a fitting lid. Smaller frying pan is better. Saucepan can be used if 2 Chicken Fillets can fit in.
- Sprinkle Salt over the Chicken Fillets and rub them well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, arrange Spring Onion and Ginger, add Sake and Water, then place Chicken Fillets on the vegetables.
- Cover with a lid. Bring to the boil over medium heat, and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over the Chicken Fillets, add a little bit more Water if required, and cook 2 to 3 more minutes. Then allow to cool in the pan with the lid on.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients to make sauce. *Note: You may wish to add some Chilli.
- When the Chicken Fillets are cooled enough to handle, slice them and arrange in a serving plate. Do not waste the Spring Onion. Pour the sauce over and serve.
Leave a Reply