There are some different methods to cook Poached Egg. You might have your own. This is my method. It’s super easy and you won’t fail to make a good looking Poached Egg with runny Egg Yolk.
- Use a small saucepan. Water shouldn’t be too deep in my method. 3-4cm deep water is enough. Bring to the simmer.
- Drain watery part of Egg White using a tea strainer, so that you can make a good looking Poached Egg.
- Place the Egg with only firm and plump Egg White in a small bowl and make it ready to add to the simmering water.
- Add a very small amount of Vinegar into simmering water (about 1 teaspoon for 1 cup water), and gently place the Egg.
- When Egg White is firm enough, gently turn it over, and cook until all Egg White is cooked. It takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer into cold water in a bowl to cool, then drain.