Before I freeze thinly sliced Pork to store, I cut it into bite-size pieces and divide into several portions making each portion is for 1 serving (about 80g). I have found it very convenient. Using 1 portion of the frozen Pork, I can cook a variety of nutritious dishes very quickly. This is a super easy Udon dish.
1 serving Cooked Udon Noodles *Frozen type recommended
80g thinly sliced Pork *cut into bite-size pieces
1 large Spring Onion
1 Shiitake Mushroom
1 teaspoon Oil
1/2 teaspoon grated Garlic *optional
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger *optional
1 teaspoon Curry Powder
300ml Chicken Stock *OR 300ml Water & 1 teaspoon Asian Chicken Bouillon Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt *alter the amount
1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Potato Starch OR Corn Starch *mixed with 1 tablespoon Water
Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix) OR Chilli Powder
- Prepare all ingredients before you start cooking. Finely chop up a green part of Spring Onion, then diagonally slice the rest of it. Thickly slice Shiitake. Cut thinly sliced Pork into bite-size piece.
- Heat Cooked Udon Noodles in boiling water, then drain.
- Heat Oil in a saucepan and cook Pork. Add Garlic, Ginger and Curry Powder, and stir. Then add Chicken Stock, diagonally sliced Spring Onion and Shiitake, and bring to the boil.
- Season with Salt and Soy Sauce. Alter the amount of Salt depending on the saltiness of the stock.
- Add Udon Noodles and bring back to the boil, then add the Potato Starch mixture and stir until the soup is thickened.
- Add the finely chopped green part of Spring Onion and some Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix), and enjoy.