My family’s Potato Salad recipe has been handed down from my grandmother to my mother and to myself and to my daughter. It is nearly a century old recipe as old as our favourite Kewpie Mayonnaise. This salad is great for sandwiches, especially with toasted bread.
Enough for 4
Large Potatoes 4
Ham 4 to 6 slices
Kewpie Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
Salt, White Pepper
- Thinly slice Cucumber into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and massage, then rest for a while.
- Cut Ham slices into 2cm pieces. Slice Onion very thinly.
- Peel Potatoes and cut into small pieces. Peel Carrot and cut in half lengthwise. Cook Potatoes and Carrot in salted water.
- Take out Carrot when slightly soft, keep cooking Potatoes until soft. Drain very well and mash Potatoes.
- Squeeze the salted Cucumber to remove excess water, and combine all ingredients and Mayonnaise. Add some White Pepper to taste and mix well.