It’s the end of year 2019. The repair work of my kitchen hasn’t started yet and I am still cooking in a bathroom. As I have no access to my oven, I am making cakes using my rice cooker. It is actually the easiest & most energy-efficient way to cook cakes on a hot summer day in Australia. After an unsuccessful attempt to make a cheesecake, my ‘Rice Cooker Cheesecake’ recipe is ready to share with you.
I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter.
250g Cream Cheese *softened
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 cup Cream
2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Plain Flour
1 tablespoon Apricot Jam *warmed to soften
- Line the base of rice cooker’s inner pot with baking paper.
- Place softened Cream Cheese and Sugar in a bowl, and mix well. Add Cream, Lemon Juice and Flour, and mix well until smooth.
- Beat Eggs in a separate bowl until thick and pale. Gradually add to the cream cheese mixture and gently combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared rice cooker’s inner pot and press ‘Start’ button at ‘Cake’ setting.
- Take out the inner pot and allow the cake to cool. When the cake is cool, turn it out onto a plate, and carefully peel away baking paper. Spread Apricot Jam on top. *Note: The cake is nicer when it is cold.
- *Note: I used my 10 cup capacity rice cooker which inner pot is 20cm in diameter. It took 40 minutes to cook.