Black Fungus, sometimes known as Cloud Ear Fungus OR Jelly Mushroom, is an edible fungus. Dried Black Fungus products are available from Asian grocery stores. Almost tasteless but it has a very pleasant crunchy texture. This is a super easy salad. You may wish to add some Vegetables.
20g Dried Black Fungus Mushrooms
1 clove Garlic *grated
1 small piece Ginger *grated
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
1/4 teaspoon Chilli Flakes OR 1-2 teaspoons Toban Djan (Chilli Bean Sauce)
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Soak Dried Black Fungus in cold/warm water until softened. Wash very well, drain and cut into small pieces. *Note: Do not worry if the amount looks too much. A lot of water will come out and the amount will reduce.
- Cook softened Black Fungus in the boiling water for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Drain Black Fungus, rinse under cold water, then drain well. Squeeze to remove excess water, add to the sauce, and mix to combine.
- *Note: You may wish add some Vegetables such as Cucumber, Lettuce, Carrot, Onion, or etc.